Any interest in reviving community nights?

Discussion in 'Community Nights, Clan Battles & Tourneys' started by Tawok, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Tawok

Tawok Shpicy Shaushage

Anybody out there? Looking at Friday/Saturday nights around 10pm CST SOCOM 2 or CA via XLINK.
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
    Drum likes this.
  2. MADDENKING1980

MADDENKING1980 iDub Scrub

On h hour or cod?
  3. Smokey_Run

Smokey_Run Retired

Tawok, MADDENKING1980 and Drum like this.
  4. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD MVP

I'll definitely support by watching any streams, and I think I finally might get the stuff together I need to get on myself. If we could get even 8 or 10 regulars I think we could have a nice regular community night every week.
    SkiMask, JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz and Tawok like this.
  5. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz I Dream About Jade Marcela

I am in the process of looking to get a PS2 and the games. I know they are on amazon and ebay, but I am looking for cheaper if I can find it. Great deals on there though...
  6. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD MVP

Damn bro. Its like that? You can get them shits for like 15 bucks....... If you're shopping for something cheaper than that I'll send you the cash and a food basket.
    Tawok and JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz like this.
  7. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz I Dream About Jade Marcela

where? Only reason I ask is that I have been looking on Ebay and see them for like 40-60. Yeah I know that is chump change, but if there's something cheaper out there, I'm game.

No need for a food basket; Ray Bari pizza and Sabrett hot dogs are just barely above what they feed to animals in a kill shelter. I guess I could stomach Luger's though. Might have a hard time keeping it down though, but we'll try.

In all honesty, the more I see offerings from Luger's, the more I want to try it. I went to Smith and Wollensky yesterday for lunch. I forgot to mention them in the pantheon of Chicago steakhouses, and yes I know they are an NYC original outfit. They do the dry aging, and man was it good. A client and I chased a fantastic steak down with 2 bottles of a good Cab. Made the rest of the day bearable...
  8. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

You can use the slim ones, right? Yeah, the cheapest I seen was in that range you mentioned. I suppose it adds up when you add a controller(s), memory card and any extra cabling. I figure at least $60 bucks out the gate without the games.

As a side note, the guy on this package looks oddly similar to Tom Berenger. Was he shilling for them back then? I remember he was in all them sniper movies or wait, maybe just the two and that other dufus replaced him? Ah hell...
    Capture.JPG
  9. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD MVP

Oh I just saw you need the PS2 as well. Yea Im in the same boat. Lost mine in my move last year. Had the thing for more than 10 years. The games alone should run around 15-20 bucks for S1,2- and CA. I think PS2's are starting to reach hipster status and people are trying to jack the prices up on them.

Saw a profile of S & W on on of the Food Network shows recently. They showed their aging process in the back and all that goes into it. Very interesting stuff and definitely a world class steak experience going on over there. As far as my recent culinary adventures, I was able to get a couple half price slices from my local pizzeria because it was 10 minutes before closing and they had been sitting out for around 6 hours.
    JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz likes this.
  10. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

So then your in the same boat as me. Question is, will you be joining us? I realize that may be futile in that you couldn't be bothered before to set it up when you had all the gear. Now is going to be even tougher to get you online. I suggest you put in an effort. If we don't lead the way, no one will be coming to the Community nights. Regardless of how you feel on the matter, your sort of a deal around these parts and would boost the numbers having you join in. Then, at the very least we can see how well your Terror Nightstalker game really is...
    Drum likes this.
  11. Tawok

Tawok Shpicy Shaushage

I was like hell nah a ps2 can't run a dude that much

and I looked at Milwaukee's craigslist (Milwaukee for fucks sake!) and their running around 50-60. God damn. I swear just a few years ago you could get one for $30~.
    Drum likes this.
  12. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD MVP

Im telling you, they are getting into hipster status. Thats why the increase. Just like black label PS1 titles for certain games jumped up to 70+ bucks a few years ago. Pretty soon PS2's in good shape will be over 150 bucks. Then when Trevor has his friends over to his 5th floor walkup loft near the dangerous side of town after they come back from the Slam Poetry open mic night at their local coffee house with a blue haired barista, he can show them his retro PS2 and they can talk about when the next Black Lives Matter rally is at their local community college and who has the coolest hindu symbol tattooed on their neck.
    Tawok and Drum like this.
  13. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD MVP

Yea I absolutely plan on getting involved. I need a new laptop as well as a PS2 to get on. I have all the games already, but I gotta get a new laptop. My current is 8 years old and runs Linux. I'll need to get a new one to run Xlink. I cant even imagine how much of a nightmare Xlink would be on Linux if it could even work at all. If I couldnt get Windows 7 installed on the new one I'd essentially be buying a new laptop simply to play Xlink as I will never use Windows 8 or higher for any personal internet use.
    SkiMask and Drum like this.
  14. Legit Camel

Legit Camel Green Up

Honestly i know a ton of game stores around my area that sell a ps2 for like 20 bucks and each socom game for around 2 a piece. Its cheaper to just looks for a classic game store than to order online.
    SkiMask likes this.
  15. thaAMAZNblue

thaAMAZNblue Green Up

I am down for Socom 3 or CA lets get it!! Today 6/25/16 Socom get there!!
  16. Medux

Medux iDub Scrub

I use to play with you back in the day. Were you in the PoW clan ? Predators of war, i think it was. Nashvillian
  17. thaAMAZNblue

thaAMAZNblue Green Up

No i was in [~X~] HELLFIRE clan. I get this alot, there was a guy names Amazingblue. That was not me. He played in Socom 2 i didnt.