Dockside - UE4 Map

Discussion in 'SOCOM Indie Projects' started by Harry62, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Harry62

Harry62 hacker

everythingred, XtErmin8 and SkiMask like this.
  2. HTK

HTK nos·tal·gia

Looking good Harry, just watch out for EA they might come and buy you off. Am I right @MACK IS GOD ;)

SkiMask likes this.
  3. SS_CUBS

SS_CUBS Butterstick

Looking good, are you using an external modeling program? Or is that still BSP geometry?

SkiMask likes this.
  4. Harry62

Harry62 hacker

BSP converted to static mesh. I haven't found a 3D modeling program that I like yet plus I'm not about to spend money on any of this excluding a tree/foliage pack I bought.

SkiMask likes this.
  5. Ditch

Ditch Requiem

Dockhook,
    Fishside?
    Hmmm, looking good
    Looks so familiar, just can't put my finger on it

SkiMask likes this.
  6. Harry62

Harry62 hacker

Good eye. It is based on Fishhook and a map called Insertion from the game counter strike go.

SkiMask likes this.
  7. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

You DO realize there is a couple folks that would love nothing more than for you to go help them out, right?

8. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

I like what you have blocked out so far. Can't wait to see the textures and details you provide to all that stucco, brick and stone structures. Your tree pack and the jungle stuff will be a neat little oasis there too if you wanted.

Might you consider a Devil's Road type of pond there in the midst of the trees in your jungle mirage? Not sure if this for the game that shall remain unnamed, but I love what I am seeing. Hopefully, one day I can play your creation on the console.

I like the name of "Mirage" now. Ah hell...

9. SS_CUBS

SS_CUBS Butterstick

I hear ya, I've used them all and none have been worth there extreme price points in my opinion. Maya is the best option in my opinion but I hate Autodesk's pricing bs.

And I'd love to help out as much I can wish I had time to do it all, I'm really interested in seeing all indie socom games. I think one of my next steps is working on textures in Substance I've done quite a few already. But I'm looking to further myself.

This was something we had decently far along. Going from blockout to mesh.

Another intereasting thing is using Sources hammer editor and an external program called Hammuer to turn hammer geometry into UE4 capable meshes. It's starting to pick up some traction as serious modeler for UE4 geometry and low polys. I messed around with it a while back before we went back and redid our map in Source. Feel free to check them out if being willing to help out where I can if I have the time.

everythingred likes this.
  10. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

1488645743796.jpg

HTK likes this.