Does anyone have a copy of this?

Discussion in 'SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs' started by Harry62, May 30, 2017.

1. Harry62

Harry62 Computer Room Technician

Drum likes this.
  2. Drum

Drum Get to da chobba!

Is that the EU version?

dizee likes this.
  3. dizee

dizee Crunchlord

i dont think there was a beta on S1 in the US. There definitely was for 2 but I dont think 1 ever got it.

4. 1UP

1UP Grenade Spammer

Well I couldn't really find much about it. Based on that thread you linked he mentioned that people would get the full game at the end of the beta and from what I am seeing that's true.
    There was a guy on another forum who was selling a copy of the pre-release of socom 1 for like $30
    http://playstationcollecting.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=64&threadid=151386
    The box art is the same, the only difference is the one you posted looks like it was printed on cardboard.

He has the diskID as SCES-50928#

Then there is another guy on another forum who appears to have had the beta
    http://collectorsedition.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10931

It's listed towards the bottom but its an old ebay listing.

Guess I'll have to keep an eye out on ebay to see if they pop up.

5. 1UP

1UP Grenade Spammer

Found it:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/SOCOM-U-S-N...119087?hash=item36192574af:g:hpgAAOSwo0JWNLor

If no one picks it up by next week, I'll probably end up buying it

SkiMask likes this.
  6. Harry62

Harry62 Computer Room Technician

7. 1UP

1UP Grenade Spammer

I'll send you a link

Looks like someone bought it.

8. Plierr

Plierr twitch.tv/Plierrr

If any one can upload that ISO that would be amazing and almost vital to the SOCOM 1 servers ever coming back.

9. 1UP

1UP Grenade Spammer

Well probably not, this version has DNAS which means it came after the US release. I wouldn't be surprised if the code is roughly the same it really different at all in terms of debug symbols and stuff being left behind. While it's possible, It's just really unlikely.

10. Plierr

Plierr twitch.tv/Plierrr

Hopefully someone in the TRS community bought this and will upload an ISO just so we can atleast to see.

11. 1UP

1UP Grenade Spammer

Well that's what I am hoping for as well. If not I might have someone else who will sell a copy to me.

12. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K eSEAL

there was an invite only socom 1 beta somewhere. I have seen screen shots and videos of the socom 1 beta before. the hud was different in the screens and vids i saw but that is all i remember being different.
    i dont think the picture in the op is a beta though, all the early betas i did came in dvd sleeves with printed out instructions and the discs always said "beta" on the bottom. i would think even if they did go with a hard cover it would still have the words "beta test" printed on it somewhere.

13. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Did you ever reach out to the member of that FB group I pointed in both directions? Person I spoke of only limitation was that their burner to copy it for you was broken. Gotta imagine there is a deal to be made...

14. 1UP

1UP Grenade Spammer

I don't use facebook, I tried googling the group name and nothing came up so I just left it at that.

15. MasturbaterNV

MasturbaterNV 203 Spammer

I'll ask around. Any particular reasons why the beta is essential to bringing back S1?

Oh and Harry I couldn't send you a private message so I left you a visitor message on your profile.

16. 1UP

1UP Grenade Spammer

Beta's tend to have left over or impartial code that retail releases don't have.

MasturbaterNV likes this.
  17. Junked

Junked iDub Scrub

18. 1UP

1UP Grenade Spammer

Junked likes this.
  19. 1UP

1UP Grenade Spammer

Apparently that guy has something wrong with his paypal account because I can't buy shit from him. I tried to grab that and another listing he had for another beta.

I did manage to find another socom 3 demo that had the online play marking and a socom 2 demo.

20. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K eSEAL

is it definitely a socom 3 demo? or is the the socom 3 beta? the socom 3 beta was online only and just harvester. the socom 3 demo I have is only offline and I dont remember them ever doing online demos.
    [​IMG]