F#$% Sony rant thread

Discussion in 'Mindless Ramblings' started by Fighting Phantom, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Fighting Phantom

Fighting Phantom Searching the Desert for a SOCOM Successor

Tried to log into my PS4 today, I was told I have to change my password for "security reasons".... you mean you got hacked, good job Sony.

Unfortunately, I can't just change my password, I have to go to a computer, open my email, and change it through their website... OKAY. I do that, it asks to verify my birthdate. I enter it, it doesn't work. OKAY....

Now I'm stuck, because there is no way to proceed without entering the correct birthdate. So I guess I'll contact CS?

I go to the Sony Support site.... it asks all the stupid questions, nothing to fix my situation. I click on the "Still need help" button. Instead of giving me an email, or phone number for CS.... I get an option to contact sonys twitter.... Youtube... and Forum.... OKAY, so Forum, I'll make a help post! NOPE, you need to log in with your PSN ID.... my password is invalid.

WHO THE HELL DO I TALK TO SONY???? Fix your shit

AWESOME CUSTOMER SERVICE, GREAT JOB SONY
  2. Smokey_Run

Smokey_Run Retired

No, no it doesn't.

How long has it been since you used your PS4?
  3. Fighting Phantom

I haven't signed into PSN in a long time, I actually can't remember, months maybe. I just use it for Netflix
  4. Smokey_Run

Smokey_Run Retired

That might be the issue.
  5. Fighting Phantom

Maybe, I don't know why I have to do it, don't really care.... I just find it infuriating that Sonys own website doesn't provide email and phone information to contact their bloody CS.

I was already there.... in the help section trying to fix this... I had to leave their website and ask google what their number is.

What professional company does that??
  6. Smokey_Run

Smokey_Run Retired

I'd ask, why are you going to their site to find a CS number? Just google it.
  7. Fighting Phantom

"Sigh"

I was already there... because you can't reset your password on the PS4. You have to go online to the sony site. So I went there, and did the steps.... then found out it wasn't working.. So I followed the "More help" links until I realized Sony played me and I was chasing my own tail.
  8. Smokey_Run

Smokey_Run Retired

It's why I just google everything now. Sites and shit are usually so piss poor it takes forever to find what you need, especially customer service numbers.
  9. Fighting Phantom

One of the links even said: "We want to talk to you... click here for email and phone options"

Then you click the link and it's an almost empty page with some random links to twitter and press relations

FML LMAO
  10. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD MVP

Almost all of them. It should be an interesting journey coming up for you. An English speaking American trying to reach a representative of a Japanese company who will be routed to an Indian customer service rep who if youre lucky you will be able to understand 10% of what they are saying.

Companies go to GREAT lengths to make sure its almost impossible to speak to a human being anymore. You eventually might have to give them your CC info if you can finally get in touch with a human to verify your identity and then maybe they can help you reset your PW. Good luck.
  11. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

I got through within 2 minutes when I used their chat feature when I needed Sony support a few months back. Not sure what the problem is? Although, I don't have issues logging into sites or retrieving passwords because I am not a fucking idiot and can "forgot my password" and remember which email I use for shit.

TONS of people have this problem and I NEVER feel sorry. Not one bit.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/cmo-to...ewdiepie-over-anti-semitic-remarks-1487076089
  12. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K Navy SEAL

same here. when my psn got hacked I went through the chat thing and they fixed everything in a matter of minutes. I was surprised at how easy it was.
  13. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD MVP

And when that email is comprised and some 14 year old in Indonesia has access to all your banking info and whatever other online accounts you use such as Amazon and Ebay and orders 25 fleshlights on your credit card nobody is going to feel sorry for you......lol

Its extremely ill-advised to use the same email and password for multiple site memberships. Each MAJOR online account you have should have a different email and password. Bank, Amazon, Ebay, PSN, etc. I do agree though I dont feel sorry for people who cant keep track of each one, but I completely understand using a throwaway email for memberships to secondary websites.

Not sure what the Pewdiepie link was for, but yea, hes definitely gone full Adolf and isnt even trying to hide it anymore. Which is hilarious, because it puts jewtube in tough situation where they have to try to censor their largest personality while simultaneously allowing "House of Air" to be played on their site and showing their ass for the blatant hypocrites they are and exposing their agenda.
  14. Eminem

Eminem Butterstick

f*** sony.

-_-
  15. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Oh I use throwaway emails all the time, I can keep track of them is all. Same as you. I can also retrieve passwords from an account I used within 12 months without question and without support. I also know how to get a hold of tech support when I need it. It was almost like writing into Readers Digest or Dear Abbey for an answer to a question. I get the rant. By the time I would've typed that out, I would've already been in. Simple as that.

I figured this a thread of gibberish and didn't know where else to put that link. Thought the article interesting was all. Hadn't heard him make any of the rants, but I don't really watch anyone other than the people registered here on YouTube.
  16. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD MVP

Yea I know where youre coming from. If people are smart enough to know to use a throwaway email for certain sites, they should be smart enough to remember their PW for it.....lol.
    SkiMask likes this.
  17. Fighting Phantom

Didn't forget a password, Sony forced a reset. It was late and Sony was closed, which is why I had time to rant.

I ended up fixing the problem by going through some website called sonyentertainmentnetwork.com or some bullshit. For some reason I could reset my website through there, but not the fucking PS4.
    SkiMask likes this.
  18. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Glad you got it all sorted out. You coming out for Combined Assault tonight? thinking of hopping on early and putting in work.