"GameBattles, Clan Ladders, Tournaments Oh My!" Thread

Discussion in 'SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs' started by SkiMask, May 22, 2017.

?

Would you participate in SOCOM league?

1. Yes

42.1%
  2. No

57.9%
  1. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Can someone explain to me the current situation with these? I see that there might be 3 contenders possibly? At any rate, just wanted to have some dialog about the various efforts and history behind them.

The ones I know of:

Celerity's effort at SOCOMRivals.com
    Unknown effort at SOCOMOnline.com
    Effort in the wings from FB XLink Group folks using script for a RB6 ladder.

Last edited: May 23, 2017
  2. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

I think it is all one big joke. Well over half of the people on Xlink do not war. Majority are 100% casual. It will be the same groups of people warring like there is now. I don't think we need a website to track the 3 teams that will war regularly. Everyone's busting a nut over these websites and I'm not sure why. I don't like the people that run these websites. The same dicks won't let me stream on the SOCOM Remastered page.

It is a shit show.

hexum, xCaZx-, Swill and 3 others like this.
  3. HTK

HTK nos·tal·gia

How can any of this be relevant when...repeat with me...THERE IS NO GAME.

Swill and WAR_PIG like this.
  4. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

You didn't know?! You can play SOCOM 2 on Xlink Kai!

5. WAR_PIG

WAR_PIG Crucible

Not interested in the least as you saw over at xlink, troll boy. Why can't ppl just enjoy a game that is 14 years old casually? It's the very reason I poked fun at them on xlink. It's just silly. I second what @ChicKeN said.... this is a shit show. Unless we had secure servers and patched games that prevent cheating it's a lesson mental maturbation.

Have fun with that.

Swill likes this.
  6. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Are you saying a ladder website is irrelevant without official Sony servers? Cause that'd be weird.

Back in the day, was the website hooked up to SOCOM to stat track or something? I vaguely remember it didn't feature anything but organized league brackets/standings where only 1 person had to REALLY stay on top of it while the others just signed up and joined a "team" or "clan" and the Captains did the administrative reporting, etc.

I don't see the negative. Am I missing something?

7. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

No, I think you are reading into it too much. HTK has accepted the fact that SOCOM is dead. SOCOM is dead = THERE IS NO GAME.

HTK and WAR_PIG like this.
  8. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

@HTK

What games are you playing now? I love CS but it sucks playing without a 5 man squad.

9. HTK

HTK nos·tal·gia

I haven't played much of anything up until last week when Black Ops 3 released the old school Zombie Pack. So I'm playing some Black Ops 3 Zombies and Pubbies on the PS4.

Looking forward to CoD: WW2, Destiny 2 (PC) maybe, LawBreakers maybe? What are you up to?

10. HTK

HTK nos·tal·gia

Yes you're missing something...a video game that goes along with it. hahahahaha

I love leagues/ladders, hell I even ran one back in the day. But you need a game that has a base of more than 100 people.... ;)

Swill and SkiMask like this.
  11. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

Only game I've been playing is COD MWR. MWR is annoying to play, though. There are a lot of inconsistencies with MWR because of Stopping Power and Juggernaut. Sometimes people die in 1-2 bullets. Sometimes 6-7 bullets. Sometimes I die fast, sometimes I sponge.

I'm looking forward to COD WW2 as well. I saw that COD just integrated their game with MLG/GB. So the new one will allow people to grab a war and play on dedicated servers or something like that.

12. HTK

HTK nos·tal·gia

I saw that integration on Infinite Warfare did they confirm same thing for WW2? Time to dust off that XIM to get the ultimate advantage ahahahahahahah

13. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

Yea, they are going to keep it integrated in the "current" COD game is what I gathered from it all. So once WW2 comes out that integration will switch over to the new COD.

Haha you scumbag! Speaking of M/KB. I got the Logitech G900 chaos spectrum wireless gaming mouse. OMG Dude I was super worried there would be issues but, the mouse is amazing. Literally ZERO lag or interference and not having a cable attached is a beautiful feeling man. Smooth as butter.

14. HTK

HTK nos·tal·gia

I can't trust wireless. I have the Deathadder Chroma and FINAL MOUSE 2015 my next mouse for sure is the Zowie EC2-A.

In terms of scumbag...I'll take it and at least I'm upfront about it. Honestly, easier for me to re-learn the controller than mouse and I know I'll be back on PC again so I rather keep my muscle memory. Also, I hear most gb fuckers are doing it anyway so equal playing field I guess...

15. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

Yea. You are right, a ton of people are using it in on GB. I used it on AW/BO3 and half way through BO3 I got rid of it. While it is undoubtedly amazing and superior to AIM with, I felt my movement is 100x better with digital analog movement. That 360 degree directional analog movement feels so much smoother than the 8 way keyboard movement. I was dying a lot due to movement issues.

Edit: Yea, I thought the same thing too about the G900. I kept watching Ninja play games on it and he said he doesn't notice a difference. Then I got interested and watched a ton of reviews. I swear by it now. Best mouse I've ever owned. I have a bought/returned a ton of different mouses. Death Adder 2013, Logitech G303, Logitech G502, Final Mouse 2015, Final Mouse Tournament pro, Zowie EC2-A, Zowie FK1+, and not this G900. I love this thing.

16. HTK

HTK nos·tal·gia

Really? I actually prefer the movement on the Keyboard. Most people get a SCUF to have easier access to jumping and aiming etc... while keyboard accomplishes this with ease. I guess you're more comfortable on the stick. ;)

17. Tawok

Tawok The New Celerity

If there's no SOCOM game, what the fuck have I been playing every Wednesday and Friday for the last year?

Focuzed likes this.
  18. HTK

HTK nos·tal·gia

I think you're missing the point...

Swill likes this.
  19. Tawok

Tawok The New Celerity

If you were trying to make a succinct point, maybe you'd expound upon it further than a single sentence. There are SOCOM games, and there are clans competing on them. If that doesn't fit your merits for a "live" game, that's really your problem and isn't a relevant opinion to the topic at hand.
    And I guess he's entitled to his opinion, and technically allowed to remind us every time we have a discussion about it. We get it, HTK thinks SOCOM is dead. Meanwhile, we're going to keep playing this dead game and apparently people are going to have competitions for this dead game. Sounds like it's not dead, but that's none of my business.

If you have 2 teams that want to be competitive and track their stats, then you can use a ladder site. There's no arbitrary barrier to entry other than needing people that want to compete.

I love this thread. Not a single post addressing the topic yet. Just people arguing over what constitutes a dead game. Great stuff.

20. WAR_PIG

WAR_PIG Crucible

Look again buddy, I addressed it...

"Unless we had secure servers and patched games that prevent cheating it's a lesson mental maturbation."

Only the best gamed on game battles.

Swill likes this.