Potential XLINK CN - June 12, 2015

Discussion in 'Community Nights, Clan Battles & Tourneys' started by Tawok, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Tawok

Tawok has left the building

@Bigfry and I were talking on Twitter, and I suggested the idea of a Community Night ASAP due to the resurgence of interest in SOCOM XLINK. I noticed that @LUKENBACHER has also mentioned he plans on doing a lot more XLINK in the near future, and @Swill said that he'd try to get set up this week, so I thought I'd strike while the iron is hot.

Biggie suggested Friday, and that's a great day for me, so hopefully we can put together something for this Friday night. Reply if you're interested, and maybe we can get something official set in stone.

2. Swill

Swill Ninja SEAL

Sure, I'm down for some SOCOM 3 on Xlink.

3. Animal-_-

Animal-_- TRS Staff

[​IMG]

Drum, Swill and Tawok like this.
  4. SOF VS TRS

SOF VS TRS Navy SEAL

What's ping like on xlink? Feel free to point my lazy ass to a link or search bar, but pls stow the pitchforks.

5. Tawok

[​IMG]
    It's hit or miss to be honest. I've had nights that were rock solid around 10-12 people in server, but once we get over that it got really shaky and full room boots were common place.

Drum likes this.
  6. Swill

Swill Ninja SEAL

I'd have to find a mic though. Or I'd probably just play without one.

Drum likes this.
  7. Bigfry

Bigfry Cancer-Free

SOCOM 2 though. Fuck that 3 noise lol

HighDosage, ChemoFreak7 and Drum like this.
  8. Tawok

Drum likes this.
  9. CreepinOnAhComeUp

CreepinOnAhComeUp Night Stalker

Im in..if there is room for 1 more Socom vet. i already bought all my PS2 gear from my local GameOver store, just need to set it up.

MACK IS GOD and Bigfry like this.
  10. Bigfry

Bigfry Cancer-Free

You are very welcome. I want as many people online as possible.
    I will be streaming, and I do not rock the Headset, so I wont be talking in Game Unfortunately.
    I look forward to it guys!

CreepinOnAhComeUp likes this.
  11. Animal-_-

Animal-_- TRS Staff

I know S2 is where the traffic is but I wouldn't mind some CA for some variety here and there.

cbfwebs, ChemoFreak7 and Bigfry like this.
  12. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

I still gotta.get a headset and my internet set up at the new place but Ill definitely watch the stream.

I got PS2, S2, CA, and controller. Do I need the HD too for Xlink compatibility?

13. Tawok

The HDD isn't required, only if you want to do the DLC maps on S2. For 3/CA, you can put the DLC maps on a flash drive and plug that in.

MACK IS GOD likes this.
  14. Bigfry

Bigfry Cancer-Free

So amidst all the chaos on these forums as of late, are we for sure going Friday? I'll let my Twitter Feed know, and hopefully we can get more eyes on Xlink.
    Maybe something good can happen here, instead of guys coming here from SOF to troll

MACK IS GOD likes this.
  15. rev

rev picard is lord

I'm almost positive I don't work this Saturday, if we could do it then i'd definitely hook my stuff up and play.

16. Animal-_-

Animal-_- TRS Staff

I will be available on Friday, any idea what time we wanna get started?

17. eVo7

eVo7 Rah-he-lah!

Count me in for Friday night.

Bigfry likes this.
  18. silent_assass_in

silent_assass_in Green Up

I'm down just let me know what time and if it's Friday for sure

Bigfry likes this.
  19. aremsoc26

aremsoc26 Strafe Artist

I have my friends wedding this weekend, but I'd be down to play next time

20. Bigfry

Bigfry Cancer-Free

I usually start streaming around 8 PM EST, so thats when I'll be starting. I also want to make sure we dont ALL cram into one room and risk getting booted.
    If we could set up multiple hosts and have like 10 to a room, that would be fucking fantastic