S3 in the mix

Discussion in 'Graphics Portal' started by MrTERRARISK, Dec 17, 2014.

1. MrTERRARISK

MrTERRARISK Green Up

Was bored and haven't messed around with hammer editor in years lets get some Killingfields tiebreakers going :)

[​IMG]
  2. MR.BLONDE

MR.BLONDE Assistant Trailer Park Supervisor

Oh, is this what I think it... oh yuss
    Swill likes this.
  3. Suade

Suade Navy SEAL

KF small was a great map.

I think alot of the S3 maps were pretty badass. It was just everything else :\
  4. Buchanans

Buchanans Navy SEAL

Oh damn... the scale and layout looks pretty spot on here.
    Killing Fields small was one of the S3 maps that could of been a great demo map... but suffered from a major flaw. There wasn't enough ways into each base/spawn area. Particularly the SEAL side which had a single narrow entrance going in.
    So if you do decide to take this to completion please fix that.
    For the SEAL side i put a ladder or something on the outside that let terrorist go over the wall. The original entrance. And then some kind of tunnel that went under and came in further into the base area into a crater perhaps.
    On the terrorist side I'd also give a way to get up on the wall. The open door. And maybe open up and protect the break in the wall a bit more.
    Map would could have a seat next to any of the S2 demo maps after that. But if you stay strict to the original S3 Layout I think that'd be a huge mistake.
    Oh and add actually objectives of course... put more then generic stack of crates for both sides.
  5. Buchanans

Buchanans Navy SEAL

No they were terrible for the most part. They all suffered from too few, too narrow, and too long of choke points. I'll concede that a few had the potential to be great with some minor tweeks, like KF, but as they appeared in S3 they were not good.
  6. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD MVP

I think Citadel was the only map that could be considered "good". And even then, it was on the lower end of good because it was a bit too convoluted.

Devils Road, Killing Fields, Crucible, and Harvester had potential, but all suffered from everything you mentioned. The rest of the maps arent even woth mentioning.
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
    Drum likes this.
  7. Tawok

Tawok Shpicy Shaushage

I loved all S3 maps SMALL, no vehicles.

This looks fun though, wish I could play it. Is it on workshop?
  8. xCaZx-

xCaZx- Socom Refugee

There actually was a way to jump into the seal side, it wasn't a glitch either but a very difficult jump. You had to get up on some of the stone pillars in the middle and jump just right to land up near the tower on the right hand side (if your looking at the seal base as a terrorist). It didn't work most of the time though cause someone was usually camping up on the wall or in a tower and you were an easy target trying to jump up on the walls.
  9. xCaZx-

xCaZx- Socom Refugee

In my book the best small maps on S3/CA were as follows.

Fault
    Killing Fields
    Citidel
    Anchorage
    Harvester
    Devils road
    Threshold

and my personal favorite Retaliation.
  10. Buchanans

Buchanans Navy SEAL

I did not know that was possible. Even so the map still needed more ways into the spawn on both sides.... ways that were doable for the average player and didn't leave you vulnerable as you played karate kid exposed on top of a stone pillar high up. If the map was modified to allow one way over and another way under the wall though some sort of tunnel I would say you could put the map right along side the other classic demo maps of S2. I hope this guy that was making this gets around to doing more on it.
    xCaZx- likes this.
  11. Bush_Wacker1

Bush_Wacker1 Butterstick

Blackwoods was a fun map. So was the one with the bell tower. Harvester. I liked antenorra too!
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  12. PAUL-AWOL-

PAUL-AWOL- Navy SEAL

My personal Favs:

Citadel
    Killing Fields
    Fault
    Crucible
    Boneyard
    Water Works
    Harvester

These maps were always in my mix. Loved pretty much all the small maps from Socom CA and 3. I loved that if I had a Clan War we could bump these maps up to a larger size and roll with it.
  13. xCaZx-

xCaZx- Socom Refugee

You know what I love about S3/CA..and even S2 for that matter..is that everytime I try and think of my favorite maps I always forget a few cause there were so many! I spaced out on waterworks and boneyard.
    PAUL-AWOL- likes this.