Shu Yoshida asks PS fans to be vocal, Gets Drowned in socom requests

Discussion in 'SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs' started by PandaMissesSocom, Jun 16, 2017.

1. PandaMissesSocom

PandaMissesSocom Boom Boolah!

this is amazing. and it's not like the same 5 ppl, it's hundreds of people. Shoutout to Fry for the video.

Just search yosp on twitter, don't click his profile but search it and click all latest. Woah!!

Tawok likes this.
  2. ScotteYx

ScotteYx Devil's Road

It's great. Glad to see the fight is still going on.

Tawok and PandaMissesSocom like this.
  3. Animal-_-

Animal-_- TRS Staff

It's great to see so many people get together like this and it shows that the community is so much bigger than just the group of active posters we have here or on Facebook, or the people playing on Xlink.

Keep up the great work and remember to be positive and respectful at all times.

4. PandaMissesSocom

It's very refreshing!

5. GongaBreath

GongaBreath Mattress Tag Inspector No.2

The question is why has Sony been agnoring our vocal group for so long? Have they lost touch with the majority of gamers want in a PS4? Have all the women in the world united to stop Socrack from ever happening again? I want to know the answer to this deep Sony mystery!

6. PandaMissesSocom

Well, still being ignored lol no response at all from YoSp. Apparently he's even blocking people.

Bigfry likes this.
  7. Focuzed

Focuzed Navy SEAL

I only know of one person he blocked recently and knowing that person, it was warranted. This person is a off the hinge, always confrontational fuck stick stain in this community. Glad yosp blocked him. I wouldn't attribute that to him blocking the Socom community. But that also leaves no responses, stil...........

8. PandaMissesSocom

Yea I don't think he'll respond to anything. He probably thinks it would just give people More incentive to bother him.

Focuzed likes this.
  9. Animal-_-

Animal-_- TRS Staff

I'm not expecting a response but every opportunity like that where someone at Sony opens the door to let us show them we're still here I think we should take. As long as it's respectful I don't mind flooding those social accounts to show our strength.

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz and Focuzed like this.
  10. Focuzed

Focuzed Navy SEAL

"RESPECTFUL" keyword. I know we all have a passion in this, but anger & tempers will never help us along. Being respectful ups that percentage chance

11. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

Anyone with half a brain could have called this. I looked at the tweets going his way on Saturday and while many were fine, many of them were at the minimum borderline harassment. This last event, if it was going to happen, should have been centered around a hashtag and not directed at Yoshida at all.

12. PandaMissesSocom

I actually think this push was a lot better than previous attempts. There were literaly hundreds of randoms tweeting him asking for SOCOM. I thouhgt a vast majority of them were straightforward and simple. A few people definitely went overboard as usual.

13. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

At this point its pretty obvious he gets some kind of sadistic entertainment out of fucking with the Socom community.

He probably sits around laughing his as off yelling out his office "Hey guys, you gotta come check this out!". Then he shows a bunch of Sony employees all the Tweets and begging and says "Look at these fucking idiots. They fall for it every time.".

Then they all laugh and laugh, as Yoshida wipes tears from his eyes and asks "Hey hows that Pa Rappa the Rapper remaster coming along?"

14. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

I dont. Last one was organized weeks in advance and got the attention of a Podcast who straight up asked Yoshida about it. He had nowhere to hide at that point and answered our questions. Yoshida also confirmed he saw that video Bigfry made. As far as I am concerned, that was a huge win. The answer at the time was thanks but no thanks (which is fine, thats all that we can ask for). Nothing has changed since then so not sure why this was even necessary, which is why I did not tweet at him nor support this recent one.

And what Mack said is actually probably what happens. "hey look its those crybaby SOCOM nerds at it again! LOLOL"

MACK IS GOD likes this.
  15. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

It would just be nice, every year, that Yosp or someone at Sony says, "We hear your SOCOM Community, we currently have no plans for a SOCOM". The acknowledgement every year after we top every remake list is the least they can do. They won't do that though because it makes them look like asshates. "We want to give gamers what they want" and yet they aren't doing that after we've topped Remasters and remakes.

16. Smokey_Run

Smokey_Run Retired 2011-2017

I honestly don't know why anyone is expecting it to happen at this point. They know and there is obviously a reason preventing it from happening. I still think it's financial at the end of the day.

17. PandaMissesSocom

I wish they'd just look at Siege and follow that formula. It's a 2 year old game that is still doing great on the sales charts. The "seasons" keep attracting new players every time. If they went with this sort of service along with a major esport push I think it would be viable and really have a chance to be a bit of a cash cow really.

18. Smokey_Run

Smokey_Run Retired 2011-2017

What studio builds it and sticks around for a year to support it?

Ubisoft gets away with it because Ubisoft has like 7,000+ developers working for them and most of the time it's a rotating combination of studios working on something outside of a core team. Sony doesn't have that.

PandaMissesSocom likes this.
  19. PandaMissesSocom

Yeah that's a good point. My guess is if anything happens its going to be a remaster. I'm guessing they have resources set aside and allocated for remasters that people want, but they're not going to spend money on all of them at once. Our only hope is that SOCOM is somewhere in that que.

20. RaidenXS

RaidenXS Demolition Junkie

Maybe Sony still feels the need to separate themselves from S4? Maybe they want more time to pass. I know most people have been "waiting" since S2. But the reality is Sony is only distancing themselves from 4.

Time away is always how a series reboot happens. After that time, a team needs to be assemble with the proper creative director/producer willing to helm the project. Seth and crew have since moved on. A reboot series can't just be given to just anyone. Otherwise the new devs will want their own spin on things.

Shu has probably seen what we want to expect (as evident from his response in the podcast) and doesn't want to dilute the vision with a new team with a new view.

Couple that with the complexity of balancing an old multiplayer game vs recreating a SP game is a tough challenge. If you look at all the remasters ever, the only one with a MP component would be COD4. That's with their "original" dev team and publisher along with only being a re-release. I don't recall if it's a different engine or not.

With that being said, wasn't there an issue about not completely having the old Socom code? Sony owns the brand name. Did they retain the data? Would they have to start from scratch? Is Crash starting from scratch? Are they able to only because it's not as complex as Socom and can be obtainable?