So.. What's Left?

Discussion in 'SOCOM Indie Projects' started by PandaMissesSocom, Jun 26, 2017.

1. PandaMissesSocom

PandaMissesSocom Boom Boolah!

I just got my first PC, loving PUBG. But with so many attempts (and failure) at socom mods on a bunch of other games, i'd love to try whatever is still around.

From my understanding, everything Redline touched has died. That includes CS Mod and Insurgency Mod. Unfortunately those two looked the most interesting to me, would have loved to try them. What other mods/indie efforts are there for me to try?

I'm really thinking hard about whether or not i want to pay $5 to try H-Hour, but i just can't justify even that when i watch some of these gameplay videos.

What's left? Appreciate the guidance.

SkiMask likes this.
  2. RaidenXS

RaidenXS Chopsticks

It really depends on what you consider core Socom values & traits.

Rainbow 6: Siege is not a TPS but it is tactics based with one-life modes. Winning relies real heavily on communication. Nothing else currently compares to the teamwork required. Otherwise, I would recommend Paladins. That's free on the PS4 but again, this is a FPS as well.

3. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

siege is fun if you can get a party together, awful with most randoms which is why i dont play it anymore.

RaidenXS likes this.
  4. Bigfry

Bigfry Cancer-Free

If you are looking for teamwork, tactics and a great shooter. Try squad. It's large scale, but if you have a good squad leader, it's one of the best shooter experiences on PC.

everythingred likes this.
  5. XtErmin8

XtErmin8 Rah-he-lah!

Insurgency, Day of Infamy, and Rising Storm 2: Vietnam, are some good shooters. In regards to Redline, he's currently working on Task Force, which I think a lot of people will like once they play it. I'm currently testing Task Force, and I actually like the game a lot. If you're a fan of Battlefield, but actually want a more realistic take on it, Squad would be the game to go with. IMO Squad shits on Battlefield. There's also a free to play game called Argo, which is basically a competitive, close quarters version of Arma, another popular, realistic military shooter. H-Hour honestly ain't a bad deal for $5. H-Hour probably has about 30-40 players max, but there's always a room or 2 up. It can give you a Socom feeling, but don't expect that Socom 1 or 2 feeling that you truly want to re-experience.

SkiMask likes this.
  6. murlow01

murlow01 Green Up

PandaMissesSocom likes this.
  7. CreepinOnAhComeUp

CreepinOnAhComeUp Night Stalker

The Mean Greens: Plastic Warfare

RaidenXS likes this.
  8. RaidenXS

RaidenXS Chopsticks

You should try David Sear's other game We Happy Few. It's not a shooter but looks hella interesting.

9. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

Is that the sequel to Happy Gilmore? Ive been waiting for that shit for years.

10. RaidenXS

RaidenXS Chopsticks

lolwut? It's like a cross between Bioshock's art and Contrast's era. The later being made by the same studio. And maybe a splash of Dishonored.