SOCOM Fun Nights

Discussion in 'SOCOM Community Nights' started by Swill, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Swill

Swill Killjoy

Hey everyone.

If you want to play SOCOM 2 online, come join us each week. We'll be playing every Wednesday and Friday night starting at 10pm EST. To play, all you need is to setup X-Link Kai using the following link:

https://www.teamxlink.co.uk/

Download the program and also register a username.

We also have our own Discord channel so that we can all chat while playing together. We have about 25 players registered in the channel so far. Just use the following links:

Download & Install Discord - https://discordapp.com/

Join Our Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/Q4g5Da5

If you have any issues with X-Link or Discord and need help getting those set up, just send myself, @dizee , or @eVo7 a private message here on TRS and we'll help get you set up to play.

Other than that, feel free to joke around with each other about how badly someone played or chat about the hilarious moments we experience in game.

See you soon!

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
    MattyB, Bluerumm, MACK IS GOD and 3 others like this.
  2. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

3. TOMBSTONE4U

TOMBSTONE4U Ninja SEAL

I'll definitely continue playing with you guys.

I'd be more then happy to add you guys on Facebook or Twitter or what have you and we can just keep in touch there, schedule our gaming nights there, and just bypass the fake drama on this site all together.

I will say to Warpig that I believe you kind of jumped on that bandwagon because you felt attacked about the mines issue and I get it, that it hurts when you feel like your buds are all coming down on you. For me personally I would still welcome you to come play with us, put that drama aside and just try to be more diligent about calling out mines or just play on the Seals side to get past the issue all together. That's what I do myself because I don't have discord. Like if I am a terrorist and I team kill a guy or two with mines, I just make the switch to Seals at some point knowing that it's the best fit since guys on discord won't hear my call outs on the in game mic.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2017
    Swill, eVo7, ricjamesbitcll and 3 others like this.
  4. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

trump you da man.jpg

MattyB likes this.
  5. Swill

Swill Killjoy

There's no issues. We're just going to log in and play like we always do. As usual, anyone and everyone is completely welcome to play with us.

Green up lol!

MattyB and MACK IS GOD like this.
  6. Drum

Drum Get to da chobba!

MattyB likes this.
  7. MattyB

MattyB Devil's Road

Orrrrr we could combine both groups and be in separate discords and have a friendly socom orgy? No? Not even worth a try?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2017
    SkiMask, dizee and Swill like this.
  8. Swill

Swill Killjoy

Separate and nothing to do with TRS.

9. Swill

Swill Killjoy

Anyone and everyone is welcome to come and play with us. We'll have the larger room with more players anyways, so if they want to come in to a private game free of booting and disconnects to give themselves a chance to play without issues and not put themselves into a position where they can only play 2v2 or so due to being short on players, they're more than welcome to come join.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  10. MR.BLONDE

MR.BLONDE HE STINKS AND I DON'T LIKE HIM

That remains to be seen, man. Not saying I don't think it could happen, mind you. How can you guarantee no booting or DCs, though? That's like promising to pick fly shit out of pepper, with boxing gloves on.

11. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

will have me as host. last 2 weeks with me as host: 0 boots, 0 splits and very few people getting kicked. Over 10 hrs of playtime.

12. Animal-_-

Animal-_- Incurable

I've removed all the off topic drama, including the political stuff which is expressly forbidden in the forum rules. This shit is becoming zero tolerance for me at this point and if I see any more of this SJW, alt-right kind of lazy label throwing I will be giving people forced vacations from this website. Grow the fuck up.

ChemoFreak7 and Swill like this.
  13. eVo7

eVo7 Vicious Provacateur

Cmon guys its xlink and the internet you cannot guarentee anything.....weve gotten very lucky the past two weeks with boots/spits. Im looking at that from a technical perspective.

14. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Giving tips to the guy! SOrry, but LOL! YOur giving him tips on how to use mines! ?XD

[​IMG]

Swill likes this.
  15. Swill

Swill Killjoy

For the last three times we've played, we've had literally zero boots or disconnects from our game the entire time we played. We've found a formula for who makes and who hosts the game, and it seems to be working flawlessly. Three times in a row is pretty indicative of something being more than just luck and I feel perfectly confident in making that claim.

16. TOMBSTONE4U

TOMBSTONE4U Ninja SEAL

Well that parts true, I mean we'll always be at the mercy of how shit is running on any given night. It's crazy though that dizee will be like hosting while streaming which seems to be a recipe for host disaster yet those will be the rooms that manage to avoid the boot. Sometimes it just defies logic how Xlink runs lol.

17. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

Its like Harry said, it has more to do with configuring your router properly and using a manual IP setup on xlink instead of setting everything to auto IMO. A little bit of luck does not hurt either.

SkiMask likes this.
  18. Swill

Swill Killjoy

Whatever's made it work recently, I don't care. All I know is that playing without getting booted or disconnected not even a single time three nights in a row is really satisfying lol.

19. Swill

Swill Killjoy

I found that when I went into my PS2 and changed the configurations manually, my stability definitely improved doing that too.

20. Swill

Swill Killjoy