Socom Source Revived

Discussion in 'SOCOM Indie Projects' started by LesbianSeaguLL, Dec 17, 2016.

1. LesbianSeaguLL

LesbianSeaguLL Butterstick

Preface this entire post with Redline is not in anyway involved. Amen to that

A few dedicated players from the mod have revived the original insurgency version with all maps that were available.
    They are working on implementing the traditional game modes currently and likely a clan ladder/system.
    Upon interest servers will be expanded

check out www.SSR.GAMEME.COM for server info and more information

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
    Rey Lo, ChemoFreak7 and oni64 like this.
  2. oni64

oni64 Warped Intoxicator

I seen a few streamers like wiccawest stream the mod recently. I guess they got the server files and compiled it. lol redline must be furious

3. LesbianSeaguLL

Fan made maps. can't do anything about it...

4. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

Lol. A little taste of his own medicine. As you say, Im sure hes close to stroking out.

They should expect many attacks on the server and any other shit he can think of to disrupt the game. The guy wont be able to help himself.

SkiMask, Swill, everythingred and 3 others like this.
  5. oni64

oni64 Warped Intoxicator

Yea. Hopefully they got the server files saved up for any attacks.

6. LesbianSeaguLL

From a brief chat with them it seems like they got bases covered on a lot of things.

7. LesbianSeaguLL

That's the thought process. They said they think he was fired from NWI

oni64 likes this.
  8. oni64

oni64 Warped Intoxicator

Damn, like Mack said, A taste of his own medicine.

9. LesbianSeaguLL

come play! I'm going to spread the word. A competitve clan ladder enviroment would be awesome

10. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

You serious? Hahaha. That would be great. Right before Christmas too. Hopefully he decends into a bottomless hole of misery and depression that can only be tolerated by developing an addiction to hard drugs and alcohol to dull the pain of existing.

SkiMask likes this.
  11. LesbianSeaguLL

Supposedly he messed all the resurgence code before he shut it down so no one could get a hold of it. So this isn't the resurgence movement or anything but it's pretty good

12. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

You can't make this stuff up! Now they are pirating the thing he was pirating or something? If the reports are true in that he just HAD to sabotage the thing on the way out then stick a fork in this dude cause he's over.

Beautiful SOCOM mind or not the dude is fucking nuts and can't even tie his own SOCOM shoes for very long.

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz and Bigfry like this.
  13. Bigfry

Bigfry Negative Nelly

That sounds like Redline.

This is fucking glorious LOL

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz likes this.
  14. Animal-_-

Animal-_- TRS Staff

I mean, does anyone have any confirmation of the stuff concerning Redline or are we just spreading rumors here?

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
    RaidenXS likes this.
  15. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

16. LesbianSeaguLL

I don't think anyone could 100% say but the guys trying to revive the Socom Source style of mod mentioned that about resurgence. They may have tried. It sounds like something he would do.

17. Tawok

Tawok The New Celerity

Any of you guys got a report on how the whole effort has gone? Are the servers seeing action at peak time?

Or is it like every other time someone just throws up SOCOM maps on a server and it's a ghost house?

18. chirt

chirt Green Up

I just bought Insurgency ($2 bucks on Steam right now) solely for the possibility of playing SOCOM again, but I was never able to figure out if any of the mods were actually active/working. Does this thing have legs? This is the only active website even talking about it. How do I go about getting on this server?

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but I have not been able to find any conclusive info anywhere.

19. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

This is EXACTLY the right place to ask. This is the place for all things Insurgency, Resurgence, SOCOM Source, SOCOM Source mod, SOCOM Go, SOCOM Go Insurgency, REdline's mod, NWI 2: Redlines Insurgency, Resurgence 2: The Resurgent, Resurgency III: Resurge again, SOCOM Insurgency, SOCOM The Insurgent, Resurgence SOCOM: The Insurgent, and my personal favorite, GO GO Gadget SOCOM!

Seriously though, this is the right place to read about the many "Redlined" efforts having to do with that whole clusterfuck. I think at this distinct moment in time there is no mod other than what some folks have cobbled together and are hosting on their own away from NWI and Redline.

Never a dull moment!

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
    Animal-_- likes this.
  20. chirt

chirt Green Up

Thanks for the reply!

Yea it seems to be quite a mess. I just want to play SOCOM (1 or 2, didn't care for the rest)!

Anyway, thanks for the explanation. I'll keep an eye on developments.

SkiMask likes this.