SOCOM: US Navy SEALs Remastered

Discussion in 'SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs' started by ChicKeN, Jul 12, 2017.

?

What do you think the best plan of action for Sony would be?

1. a) Remaster ALL the SOCOMs like Halo did for all of their games (Halo: The Master Chief Collection).

14.3%
  2. b) Remaster SOCOM 1 only. Then, release each iteration as a map pack after X amount of time.

14.3%
  3. c) Remaster SOCOM 2 with all 22 maps only.

57.1%
  4. SOCOM Confrontation 2

14.3%
  1. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

We've all been talking and thinking about SOCOM lately. In a imaginary world where SOCOM was being Remastered. What do you think the best plan of action for Sony would be?

a) Remaster ALL the SOCOMs like Halo did for all of their games (Halo: The Master Chief Collection).

b) Remaster SOCOM 1 only. Then, release each iteration as a map pack after are certain amount of time. S2 map pack, S3 map pack, SCON, etc. (Every 6 months? Every 9 months? Every year? Not sure what the best time would be to make the maps last but keep the game fresh)

c) Remaster SOCOM 2 with all 22 maps only.

Option "a" would be cool but it would split the community up way too much. Option "c" is a close 2nd for me as I would be completely fine with that.

Option "b" is my winner. It would keep the community all on the same game. People can enjoy the original iteration of SOCOM and the foundation is set from that point on for map packs. Once the map packs start rolling out then the S2, S3, CA, and SCON fans will enjoy their maps. Since a lot of the games shared the same maps I like this as well.

SocomKillah28, Jester's dead and Drum like this.
  2. eVo7

eVo7 Hillary Clinton's I.T. Guy

I think they should remaster 1, 2, 3, ala Master Chief collection. Just because I don't like S3 doesn't mean we should keep those folks out of getting what they want.

3. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

I think that option would be amazing for the reason you said. No one will be left out. I just don't want the S3/CA players to have a lower player base than the S1/S2 games. My thinking was keeping everyone on one game and releasing maps at least makes everyone a little happy.

Obviously the attachments and customization changes wouldn't be there for the S3/CA players. I think people can get past that though.

4. RaidenXS

RaidenXS Demolition Junkie

Where's Confrontation 2?

5. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

Right here. Its next to the used tampon on top of a dead possum. Lower left area. You gotta look really close.

landfill.jpg

Drum, JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz and eVo7 like this.
  6. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K eSEAL

found it, but it was hard to see covered in all those sofs business cards....

its a fucking joke people! lighten up!!!!!!!!!!!!

MACK IS GOD likes this.
  7. RaidenXS

bruh... I like Confrontation... :'(

8. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

Added for you.

I always get roasted for it but, I liked Confrontation. It took me a while to get used to the slower speed of the game. But, I think that slow speed forced people to play their spawns perfect and play way more tactical. Felt more like CS where rushing only gets you so far. You pretty much had to execute a strat with your team every round. Which involved abusing the broken gun hot system.

Nothing will be better than S1/S2, though.

Drum likes this.
  9. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

stalingulag.png

SocomKillah28 and Drum like this.
  10. Bluerumm

Bluerumm Grenade Spammer

Bet they give us a Remastered S4".Just to get us all tingly inside.

Drum, ChicKeN and RaidenXS like this.
  11. RaidenXS

ChicKeN likes this.
  12. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz Pizza Shitposting CIO

I voted for Remaster SOCOM II. Hopefully that remaster includes a cleaning up of the hit detection. As much as I loved S2 and it is by far my overall favorite, I'd love it to have S1's hit detection.

And lighten up Shadow Falls a tad...

Drum likes this.
  13. PandaMissesSocom

PandaMissesSocom Boom Boolah!

If PS4 gets PUBG, you all need to play it. I'm so hooked on this game on PC, i feel like it's the next level of SOCOM. Instead of 8v8, it's 25 teams of 4, no respawn, all about teamwork, 3rd person.

I've been dying for SOCOM for 10 years now, and i honestly think this game is even better. Feel free to shit on me, but fuckkk is it good.

14. Just turn confrontation back onlinem or Con 2 is my choice, but I voted SOCOM 2 as I enjoy it as well and it would be the most popular game and thus more likely to get future money invested into the franchise.

Drum likes this.
  15. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

It is a fun game.

It does require teamwork.

But, it is nothing like SOCOM. If you enjoy spending 10-20 minutes of looting buildings, killing people and looting their bodies, and then enjoying the running/walking simulator for another 10-20 minutes as you get away from the gas. It is a fun game. The fallacy that 3P = SOCOM needs to be gotten over.

RaidenXS likes this.
  16. PandaMissesSocom

PandaMissesSocom Boom Boolah!

I don't mind the looting at all, i actually like how it impacts my strategy every game. I have to adjust how i'm going to play every time. I also love the strategy and teamwork that we use when we're looting, it's like we've got a party of 4 finding shit for each other. As for walking/running simulator, that's a huge over exageration. If you play it smart, you're rarely running away from the blue line. If anything, it leads to more action cause you're constantly on the move, strategically planning your next advances using the white circle and the map.

I didn't say it's equal to SOCOM, but the fucking heart racing 4v1s i've gotten into have been fucking great. It has that feel for sure. I'm just glad to finally have a game like this to play instead of waiting around for Shu Yoshida to give a shit about SOCOM.

I get PUBG isn't SOCOM and i know it won't be for everyone. All i'm saying is if it comes to PS4, it's going to be your best shot at a tactical 3rd person shooter on consoles. And it's a loooot more likely to be there than anything related to SOCOM.

Eagle_F15 likes this.
  17. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

I love the game. I wish more of my close gamers friends liked it as much as me. The atmosphere it just different to me than SOCOM. SOCOM I choose my loadout, spawn with my loadout, and jump right into the action with my loadout (weapons).

With PUBG it is a different atomosphere. You jump out of the plane just like everyone else. You have to loot like everyone else. And it is possible you will have a battle right in the beginning like everyone else. But there is that uncertainty and looting factor that so many of my SOCOM friends do not enjoy. They just want to spawn, with their full gear, and run-n-gun.

Drum likes this.
  18. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

@RaidenXS I added SOCOM Confrontation 2 for you. You can re-cast your vote if you find it appropriate to change. Lol.

19. Mike 51-50

Mike 51-50 Night Stalker

I said A (remaster all) but once you start actually thinking about it, that would segregate the player base too much. We probably should just get 1 single remaster to rebuild the fan base around. If it is able to maintain a real online user base than maybe we get a new game like it.

Drum and ChicKeN like this.
  20. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

That is what I think too. I feel like it is all about community at this point. Most people moved on from S1 due to the insane amount of cheating. Most people are turned off by S2 due to the lag and hit detection. Both of those issues would be resolved in a Remaster. The only thing they will miss is like Gun Customization and riding around in vehicles. Which, I'm not even going to get into. Simply put, that isn't what made SOCOM popular.

Drum likes this.