Stranger Things

Discussion in 'Mindless Ramblings' started by ChemoFreak7, Jul 22, 2016.

1. ChemoFreak7

ChemoFreak7 Desert Glory

I debated on giving this its own thread... fuck it this show is amazing, incredibly nostalgic and anyone around my age group will resonate with it. Be aware that if you HAVE NOT seen the show THERE WILL BE SPOILERS below. I encourage everyone to discuss their thoughts on it.

I took several hours to make a review for the show because i enjoyed it that much. You wouldn't think a bunch of screen shots takes time, but OH MY FUCK it's tedious! Nevertheless i feel it was worth my time and well worth a watch if you are current on the season.

2. ChemoFreak7

ChemoFreak7 Desert Glory

Has nobody seen this!? Speak to me bitch's!

3. Jester's dead

Jester's dead Butterstick

Funny I just started watching this last night. I'm 4 episodes in and loving it. I'm an 80''s kid, and it reminds me of all the movies I'm so fond of from that time. ET, Goonies, Stand By Me, etc. The music and even lettering on the credits scream 80's

4. Jester's dead

Jester's dead Butterstick

Mostly ET vibe so far though

5. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

This will be one of them shows that I will be savoring over time. Plus, I am watching it with one other person so no binges for me on this one. I can't really comment or follow this anymore until I am done which might be September.

6. ChemoFreak7

ChemoFreak7 Desert Glory

Yeah dude, don't even post in here if you don't want to see spoilers lol. This being such a bingeworthy show, i definitely recommend watching it at least 2-3 episodes at a time.

7. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

Well you scumbags went and piqued my interest. Im gonna have to watch this despite having to suffer through an old used up Winona. I wont even be able to look at her in her prime again without the memory of seeing her as a saggy middle aged washed up skank ruining it for me. Ive gone out of my way since Mr Deeds to avoid looking at pictures of her or watch anything shes in. But I guess Im going to have to adjust to a world where Winona Ryder is a blown out middle aged slob and move on with my life.

Gonna try to watch a couple episodes tonight. I'll come back and leave my thoughts.

ChemoFreak7 and SkiMask like this.
  8. ChemoFreak7

ChemoFreak7 Desert Glory

BAHAHAHA! Mission Accomplished! Btw i would knock the dust off that pussy idc what anyone says lol. All funny business aside, she delivered a powerful performance imo.

9. ChemoFreak7

ChemoFreak7 Desert Glory

How did it go?

10. MACK IS GOD

Lol. Actually still havent got to it. It totally slipped my mind.

Been bogged down with Westworld, Shameless, Quarry, and Rectify.

And now The Walking Stupidest Show on TV is back for a new season so Im gonna have to find an opening to watch it. I like to take a day or 2 and just power through shows after the seasons are over so I'll definitely get around to it soon and let you know my thoughts as soon as I get to it.......

In the meantime I highly recommend Quarry and Rectify.

11. Ditch

Ditch Requiem

Wife and I watched them all in about 3 days.
    Loved it. Totally reminded me of being a kid in the 80's,
    Riding bikes everywhere. No internet or cell phones lol.
    Great show.
    Hope the next season is just as good.
    Wonder if they'll go into the upside down again

12. ChemoFreak7

ChemoFreak7 Desert Glory

Definitely going back to the upside down. I suspect this will be one of those rare shows, that keeps delivering until it ends. I like how they only have 8 episodes, no fucking fluff! Just pure goodness all the way through. They keep that shit up and they will join the ranks of RARE shows like Breaking Bad and Sopranos easily.

I hear good things about Westworld, it's on my watch list definitely. I sort of wish Stranger Things hit Netflix around Halloween since i think it would have been a great time given the setting, but it was probably best to do a summer release, either way this is a good time of year for it so get on it bitch! No more Winona Dick Rider jokes!

13. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

This was one of the only things that upset me. Once I binged to 8, there was no more. I really wanted to see what was next and had that moment searching like, "only 8?!?" Could've went on and on...

Ad just below this post gave me a chuckle:
    Capture.JPG

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
  14. ChemoFreak7

ChemoFreak7 Desert Glory

Leave em wanting more. Entertainment rules 101.

SkiMask likes this.
  15. MACK IS GOD

Westworld is watchable, but it suffers from horrible casting decisions and serious pacing problems as well as poor story development and backstory construction. Its still a good watch, but it could, and should, be much better than it is. Because of the framework of story itself, these mistakes are critical though and they dont really have much of an opportunity to write themselves out of it. They are going to be hamstrung by what theyve done already and what theyve already revealed.

There just isnt enough time to overcome the bad casting and poor plot timing within the confines of the world they exist in. At best they will have to slow walk the story and strech time by focusing on secondary storylines to buy time. Similar to what Breaking Bad did from Season 4 to midway through Season 5. Hell, Vince Gilligan was forced into a corner and had to write the series finale for that show based on some filler shit they put in just trying to buy time at the beginning of Season 5.

Hopefully that wont be the case here. Id rather have a show that is excellent for 3 Seasons and has a legitimate beginning, middle, and end, rather than a show that meanders around trying to squeeze an extra season or 2 out of it.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
  16. ChemoFreak7

ChemoFreak7 Desert Glory

Yeah that's one of my biggest complaints with The Walking Dead. Too much bullshit filler. Now it seems to be splitting into 4-5 different sub-plots. I mean what the fuck!? It's like a soap opera when you snap to different people, in different areas/situations every fucking episode! Stick to the central focus! Zombies eat people, people are still 100000 fucking times worse! Period. But no... they drag it on and on and on.

It wasn't always going to be that way mind you, until AMC fired the original series producer and thus... the incredibly shitty Season 2 was born, not to mention the fucking budget cuts they made. People wonder why the entire 2nd season was on Hershels farm? NO FUCKING BUDGET! Season 1 was absolutely AMAZING. It's been a mixed bag ever since.

17. MACK IS GOD

I watch that show simply because I feel Ive invested too much time in it to stop now. Its like powering through a shitty book.

The technique you mentioned is done SPECIFICALLY to drag shows out. By having each episode focus on one character, they can have 5 or 6 episodes that barely advance the plot because each episode is from a different characters perspective during the same time frame.

The show itself is nothing more than a money grab and propaganda vehicle at this point. The characters all suck, the writing sucks, the pacing sucks, and the acting sucks. Its beyond laughable that they have Rick screwing Michonne, which never happened in the comics, and expect anyone watching the show to believe that Rick would ever, under any circumstances, bang that hideously ugly creature Michonne. The only woman on television I can think of who is uglier than her is that chick from Saturday Night Live who was in the all female Ghostbusters that was a colossal failure.

Rick has hot young pieces of ass running around him all day, its the end of the world with no laws, and they expect the audience to believe that Rick would choose the ugliest woman left on the planet to bang. Its a fucking joke and a transparent pushing of an agenda. If it happened in the comics, I wouldnt be so hard on it, but it didnt, and to force that on the audience is pathetic.

The whole show is "Oh no! Its a group of strangers! Are they good or bad?"

If bad: "We gotta fight them!"

If good: "We need to work together and live here!"

Sprinkle in some weak ass jump scare zombie appearances, rinse and repeat 4 or 5 times and theres your show! Theyve literally used the same exact story arc 4 or 5 times just with different bad guy leaders. Its a joke.

Heres how stupid the producers think the audience is:

Rick-Grimes-Season-6-The-Walking-Dead-850x560.jpg

screen-shot-2015-10-12-at-9-50-59-pm.png

"Hey guys, how are we going to remind our retarded audience that Rick was in a fight at the end of last season?"

"Lets put 73 band aids on his face! That wont look dumb as fuck at all!"

Are you fucking serious? Look at that shit. Its the most ridiculous thing Ive ever seen. He literally has like 13 band aids on his face. Look how fucking small they are. Nobody would ever put fucking band aids all over their face for tiny little cuts like that. Thats how out of touch the producers are. Total fucking idiots who think their audience is even stupider than they are.

But theyre right. Anyone who unironically likes TWD is likely mildly retarded. I dont hate the show really. Its slightly above average I guess, what I hate are the fans of the show who overrate it and try to lift it up to some mythical level. They are the worst.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
    ChemoFreak7 likes this.
  18. Animal-_-

Animal-_- TRS Staff

I was with TWD every week since the start and last season started to rub me the wrong way for some reason and when they delayed the climax from the last episode until the start of this season just to create artificial hype I dropped it. I probably should have stopped watching a couple of years ago but like you I didn't want to abandon all the time invested in the slim hope that they might turn it around.

ChemoFreak7 and MACK IS GOD like this.
  19. ChemoFreak7

ChemoFreak7 Desert Glory

Seems to be the general consensus. Watching cuz been doing it forever. I love Gregg Nicotero and have for many years for his work on the living dead films, evil dead, and many others. So seeing the zombies he creates is the highlight for me. I'm an oldschool zombie fan, shit don't have to make too much sense, as long as the gore and zombie scenes are plenty... but they don't do either very well anymore.

20. ChemoFreak7

ChemoFreak7 Desert Glory

Also have you played the Telltale games? THOSE have a fuckin great story. The first one especially. I heard the Michonne one sucked though.