Task Force Is Searching For Some Damn Good Testers!

Discussion in 'SOCOM Indie Projects' started by Focuzed, May 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Focuzed

Focuzed Navy SEAL

So, I want to share with those of you that may be interested. Task Force is now looking to expand and bring on some more qualified people for testing.

We're looking for testers interested in helping us further the games production. We're not interested in testers who only want to see what the game is like. We want testers with real interest in helping, so, If you're interested in helping test the game, for purposes of helping the team further the game, head over http://www.TaskForceGame.Com and apply through the Tester Application Form.

Thanks for your interest and your time!

2. HTK

HTK nos·tal·gia

Here some feedback based on the videos you have up on your youtube/site. I'll provide more feedback once I get some time to play.

- Concentrate on one game mode preferably Search & Destroy or Demolition.
    - Spend more time on map design, this will make or break the game.
    - Although this game seems very inspired by SOCOM, don't let it hold you back.
    - Crouch Animations need work.
    - Going Prone animation is slow and needs adjustment on the camera angle.
    - Strafing left/right needs a slight speed bump.
    - Movement in general needs a speed bump.
    - Jumping animation needs a lot of work. Looks like the character is floating or gliding.
    - UI needs a lot of work.
    - Jump/Climbing is slow, I would also think about designing maps that don't require too much of climbing on objects as it can interrupt the flow of gameplay. If you do have a map that requires jump/climbing or climbing increase the animation speed.
    - Throwing animation needs a lot of work and I feel like it might be too quick or too jerky in general. I would redo the animation entirely because it's not believable.
    - Fuse timer on Grenades, Smoke Grenades, HE's etc... need calibration. Also there is really no velocity/physics on grenades, they don't spin or do anything while traveling.
    - I would recommend leaving out "Walking" for now. Think about it's purpose for a second and how it fits the overall design of the game. Think basics and solid foundation, its easy to go crazy and just start slapping things on but every detail needs a basic foundation and purpose and good execution.
    - Leaning, I would work on the animation and test it with an object in front of the character. Animation looks weird and it doesn't seem like the lean has good clearance in general. Not far off getting it right however.
    - Fix Character Textures.
    - Is Recoil just vertical? Seems really basic. What weapons will be in the game? Once you know which weapons, study their characteristics and implement vertical/horizontal recoil patterns. This doesn't mean go crazy but it does mean variety and personality to weapons.

It's okay to have a SOCOM inspired game but don't go too crazy. There was plenty wrong with SOCOM and with a project like this you can fix or innovate in way's SOCOM never did.

Define your map sizes, define your gameplay speed, define the flow of the game, define round timer etc... 5 minute rounds are a no go in 2017.

Anyway, just some things on top of my head based on all the videos I've seen. But this needs more vetting in general...

=Ronin= likes this.
  3. HTK

HTK nos·tal·gia

Also, I would not have this game be 8v8. 6v6 is more appropriate.

4. Almericus

Almericus Bullshit proof warrior

When I look at this game I see there is potential but honestly the animations need a lot of work. Even H-Hour has better looking animations now, you know? Try to implement more guns and improve their mechanics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=sl7iANMugg4

Best of luck,
    you can do it. Give it all she's got.

Last edited: May 23, 2017
  5. everythingred

everythingred I once had fish tacos when I was drunk

The maps feel very uninspired from the videos that I saw but this could very well change.

6. CreepinOnAhComeUp

CreepinOnAhComeUp Night Stalker

I WOULD go Socom crazy, after all that is why we are all here for.... Socom

7. Focuzed

Focuzed Navy SEAL

To all the responses, thank you. Thank you for your feedback. I wanna make it clear that Task Force in its current Pre Alpha stage is just that, a pre Alpha prototype to get systems in place for tuning, testing, and nothing you see/saw is final in any state.

The maps you see are all just thrown together mock ups so we have something to test on. Trust me when I say, some badass things are on the horizon. We NEED this type of feedback to make it the best game that we can, and now that we feel we are in a solid enough spot for Pre Alpha testing, we opened up the applications.

I encourage you all to follow @tracerint on twitter as well as myself @Focuzed among other testers as well to stay up to date. Exciting things are on the horizon and having you guys a part of it is even more exciting for us!

Thank you all for your time, it means a lot.

8. PRE_-CISION-_

PRE_-CISION-_ Banned for jumping on the mattress

Signed up. Any dates to know when we could be potentially invited to testing?

9. Focuzed

Focuzed Navy SEAL

We just opened them up yesterday and got an INSANE amount of applications. We're going through them, so I'd say in the next couple days or week. I'll let you know more when I do! Thanks for applying

10. Swill

Swill Killjoy

Is this a Redline project?

11. Animal-_-

Animal-_- TRS Staff

Yes

12. Swill

Swill Killjoy

So then we'll give it, what? 3-6 months before Redline has his usual meltdown and closes the project like he has the previous 3?

I can't believe people still voluntarily support this guy. The desperation of the SOCOM community really is laughably ridiculous at times lol.

13. Almericus

Swill, keep this thread out of this shit drama that 20 people from this forum out of entire Socom player base gives a fuck.

People care for TaskForce and it is fine if you don't but what about you go eat a sack of shit somewhere else and let it be?

14. Animal-_-

Animal-_- TRS Staff

I sorry man, but the guy literally committed a crime against us when he locked our admins out of their accounts after leaving himself a hidden access point to the back end of our site. And that was after he already had a meltdown and nuked an entire section of the forums we made just for one of his mods. All because we wouldn't give his project exclusive support and couldn't handle the legitimate criticism of his scummy actions. He's extremely lucky no one pressed charges for that, because we could have.

If anyone deserves extreme skepticism for their project because of their past it's him, and I highly doubt you'll be seeing any official support for Task Force from TRS. The only way I can ever see myself considering support for this game is if it gets far along enough to where it becomes a full release with an actual company behind it. If I knew the game was complete and they can confirm that there are other owners that would prevent Redline from having the ability to shut the whole thing down over another hissy fit I might take a look.

Also, Swill was just giving his opinion with no personal insults attached but you on the other hand did not. If anything is going to create drama, it's things like telling people to "eat a sack of shit" just for sharing their point of view in the manner he did. I'm not going to let that slide for very long so be warned.

xCaZx-, Swill, MR.BLONDE and 3 others like this.
  15. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

[​IMG]
    Can YOU just make a sticky of this and paste it at the top of the SOCOM section? Call it FUCK YOU REDLINE

oh wait, there is already a thread for that.

WE REALLY FUCKING GET IT ANIMAL AND MODERATOR.
    [​IMG]

Almericus likes this.
  16. WAR_PIG

WAR_PIG Wings

And we get YOU! You hate TRS, you hate it's managment. Anyone who isn't in the Socom orgasm bubble with you is a jerk and deserves your hate. Thank you for sharing asshat.

SkiMask likes this.
  17. Bigfry

Bigfry Cancer-Free

It's not even that. It's just a matter of "why even bother"
    We get it. You guys don't like a Redline. I've shared my thoughts here too, but it comes to a point where it's not even worth posting here if something in the community is happening. It just gets met with shit.
    Not that I'm disagreeing with anyone. Everyone feels a way because of past events. I get it.
    But at the same time, it's not even worth having a discussion here.

Laziness, Benefit, ChicKeN and 2 others like this.
  18. Almericus

I have nothing personal against Swill. He can decide to eat and say whatever he desires out here.. The reason for my fit is that this RedLine scandal thing is becoming very redundant and I don't know how this could possibly get fixed.

Wouldn't be great to actually get the chance to play another decent Socom game? I say let's be patient and try to help the Taskforce devs testing it and providing feedback instead of opening the wound.

19. Tawok

Tawok Not *That* Kinda Guy

I'm personally coming to the realization that if the people that should be offended aren't, then I'm not because It's not my problem. It's TRS's management's decision to press charges and to be upset. The only thing Redline ever did to me personally was delete my posts and share some pissy words in some emails. Which, I can honestly move past because life's too short to spend my time typing up diatribes about my outrage.

TRS is supposed to be a hub for all things SOCOM, but more often than not we end up on some moral high horse rattling off the dev team's crimes against TRS. It's always cute to see "I don't care who gives me SOCOM as long as it's SOCOM" then immediately followed by "Here is Redline's rapsheet and why I won't play TaskForce because of it"

Laziness, carkie, Focuzed and 2 others like this.
  20. WAR_PIG

WAR_PIG Wings

And just so we are clear... I know NOTHING about the past drama as it was in my hiatus here. My beef is personally with tool boy. He comes into many threads here and shits on everyone and personally attacks TRS. So yeah, fuck him. No apologies for that.

SkiMask likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.