Thread Derailment Policy Change

Discussion in 'SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs' started by Animal-_-, Jun 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Animal-_-

Animal-_- TRS Staff

Something that has been a long time concern of mine and quite a few members over the years is the frequent pattern of threads going off topic and turning into flame wars that detract from the thread creator's desire to continue sharing their ideas or projects as well as discouraging new members from becoming engaged in a conversation they're interested in. That also includes OPs that are clearly intended to be inflammatory in a nonconstructive manner or for baiting an argument. This is not hearsay or assumption, I've had direct contact with too many people who feel this way to ignore it any longer.

Another concern is when people who are looking to promote or have a positive discussion about a SOCOM project who either themselves or by association have a history of negative behavior in the community have their threads derailed by people who believe they just have to bring up that history to warn people to be wary of who they're supporting. I've been guilty of this myself but I've come to realize that there are very few people in the community who don't know these things by now and don't need or want to be warned anymore, so I'm not going to participate in that any longer and I will be moderating those sort of derailments much more harshly from now on.

This doesn't mean anyone has to be fake or forgive and forget anything, but the people who want to discuss those projects deserve a place where they can do so without the constant concern that at any moment their thread could be derailed for pages on end by off-topic comments and arguments about past events they've decided not to make apart of the intention of their OP.

If anyone has questions or concerns with this policy please contact me privately.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.