Walk through of "Foxhole"

Discussion in 'SOCOM Indie Projects' started by Eagle_F15, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Eagle_F15

Eagle_F15 Project C

Here is a short video walk through of Foxhole by RMRANGER!
    oni64, everythingred and Drum like this.
  2. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD MVP

First impression, its HUGE.

Its got a long way to go before its on the level of Wolf Run.
  3. Drum

Drum Get to da chobba!

Wow. Looks cool. Lots of interesting stuff going on. Lots of different cover. Y'all must be working yer butts off. It shows.
    Tawok and Eagle_F15 like this.
  4. rev

rev picard is lord

I want to say that took him 3 minutes to get back to where he started? That's fucking huge.

I can't stress the graphics enough, at certain angles they look like PS1 graphics and at others it looks maybe just under Confrontation levels. Maybe it's the lighting and a few other aspects, but If this project wants to stay modern and relevant we need graphics at least on par with the average game of 2016.
    Eagle_F15 likes this.
  5. Almericus

Almericus 203 Spammer

I like the map overall, the props are well placed and the fog effect gives a nice atmosphere. Therefore the frame rates and some textures/visuals needs a lot of work imo.
    Eagle_F15 likes this.
  6. WAR_PIG

WAR_PIG Butterstick

Looks cool. There was a GRAW map with a broken plane that this reminded me a bit of. Can't remember the name. But this is pretty cool.
    Eagle_F15 likes this.
  7. everythingred

everythingred I once had fish tacos when I was drunk

Yea the graphics need a lot of work but I think they are waiting to improve those once the framework of the game is complete. I would hope that they do improve upon those graphics. Even still, great progress!
    Eagle_F15 likes this.
  8. Eagle_F15

Eagle_F15 Project C

Well, I can blame my OBS or recording from a laptop on this one, but I wont ;)

I run around this map and it looks great, maybe not AAA great, graphics wise. I know Sour has mentioned somewhere that optimization would come later down the road. Right now what is important is gameplay! Sounds, guns, animations, FPS, hit detection ect ect, foundation!

Look, Im a graphics guy, love them...we are doing this on our spare time, no money and a 5 man team(in which only 2 of us work on the graphical part of the game) as of right now. That is the least of our worries for it looks good enough so that we can concentrate on the gameplay and make it feel like SOCOM. There are steam games doing pretty good with shit graphics, gameplay>graphics. Once near completion we can see where we are at graphics wise.
    HarryDanglers and everythingred like this.
  9. everythingred

Love the sparks and fire in the plane by the way, just maybe make the sparks a bit spaced out so they're not repeating so fast.
    HarryDanglers and Eagle_F15 like this.
  10. Eagle_F15

Eagle_F15 Project C

For sure, glad you noticed that! That is place holder to see how the sparks would work, until the guys finish up the overhead bins and wires hanging out it will all come together!
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  11. Eagle_F15

Eagle_F15 Project C

oni64 likes this.
  12. everythingred

Just compared it to Socom 2 and it might be a bit faster but I don't mind it.
  13. Eagle_F15

Eagle_F15 Project C

W.I.P. airplane engine and AA gun by Rmranger, branching out and expanding his talents for Project Confrontation. He has dived into blender and developed a AA gun and airplane engine.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    everythingred likes this.
  14. Eagle_F15

Eagle_F15 Project C

Sweet, we are trying to hit that sweet spot with the regular run speed and sprint. With sprint, we want you to choose to be that guy that rushes the bomb, beats you to the red room and of course if your in LA LA land, if the other team plants the bomb you can sprint your butt back! With regular run speed we want to capture the perfect straf speed for them arcadey/fun gun battles.

We are making it to where the sprint will have a smooth transition from sprint to shoot, sprint to switch grenades/secondary and back as smooth as possible.

I believe the right map design will also help the transition from run to sprint and both existing together in game! Stay tuned
  15. everythingred

Yea I'm not a fan of the sprint button but if that's what you're doing then I'm at least happy to hear that the original run speed will be fast because the strafing in Confrontation was way too slow.
    Eagle_F15 likes this.