XLINK SOCOM ll Community Night

Discussion in 'Community Nights, Clan Battles & Tourneys' started by Laziness, May 28, 2015.

1. Laziness

Laziness Free Pizza

Anyone want to start one up? Or at least get on tonight?

I know its a bit of a pain to set up but it is the only SOCOM experience available.

I'll be on at around 7:30 pm EST.

Hope to see some of you.

EDIT: Sorry if there is already a thread but I don't see a search feature. I know there is an xlink section but I might as well tell my cat to get on SOCOM because no one goes there.

2. =Ronin=

=Ronin= The Captain of Makin' it Happen

The only thing stopping me from playing more is not having a headset anymore. It's not much fun not being able to hear or call out anything. I guess I should just buy one off ebay for $25.

3. Animal-_-

Animal-_- TRS Staff

It doesn't have to be a SOCOM headset as long as it's USB 1.0 compatible. Walmart should have something for you that works.

=Ronin= and Laziness like this.
  4. Laziness

Laziness Free Pizza

I think you can get any USB 1.0 headset not exactly sure. But yea should be $25 or less.

Also some people use skype.

5. PAUL-AWOL-

PAUL-AWOL- Desert Glory

I purchased a cheap Logitech headset from Walmart about 2 years ago and it works fine. It was a cheap one for about 20 dollars.

6. aremsoc26

aremsoc26 Strafe Artist

$24.99 to talk on socom 2 is a great investment. $24.99 on something else, not so much...

dizee likes this.
  7. dizee

dizee Crunchlord

=Ronin= likes this.
  8. Tawok

Tawok has left the building

Are you suggesting that your $25 is better spent on a hollow shell of a tactical game that only has 2 maps, 2 modes, and no VOIP? I'd rather spend it on a decent mic that I can use on legacy consoles as well as current gen.

I'd recommend this, personally. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Logitech-US...954?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4195b8808a

=Ronin= likes this.
  9. aremsoc26

aremsoc26 Strafe Artist

can you read? I said "not so much...." @Animal-_- see even when I clearly shit on h-hour it is used against me. #riseaboveit

10. Laziness

Laziness Free Pizza

11. Animal-_-

Animal-_- TRS Staff

Maybe because you so often go after people who are being critical in a negative way that your reputation makes some think you're being sarcastic. I don't think it's all that unreasonable considering your posting patterns.

12. =Ronin=

Right on thanks for the suggestions. I didn't realize it had 2 be usb 1.0, I am running on my ps3 too.

hahaha thanks for the ebay ads but I'm up in Canada so the shipping is killer (twice the cost of the mic). I'll check out Walmart tonight though and see if I can find something.

13. aremsoc26

aremsoc26 Strafe Artist

That's the biggest mistake the members make. I never once claimed I was pro h-hour or pro their pricing. I only said pre-beta "at least let the beta come out before you give up hope" which I have now. Find 1 post where I have said h-hour is a great game or that I defended h-hour since the beta launched. You won't find one.

Yet by arguing w ppl on this site I get construed as a sof nuthugger. But on the other hand you get upset when people refer to all the TRS guys as haters even if they are not all haters of h-hour. double standard much? You guys can shit on me for many things, but being an SOF fanboy is not one of them.

14. Laziness

Laziness Free Pizza

Shouldn't have used community night in the title I guess.

Hope some people end up seeing it and getting on.

15. =Ronin=

For me the mics are a big deal not just for this type of gameplay but because of the downtime during death (which is sometimes more fun than playing the game) and the fact that H-Hour still does not have some sort standardized mic system is crazy to me.
    As we all know a game that goes stale or is glitchy/buggy full of cheaters can still keep pretty good numbers because the members are invested in each other. So for me the biggest mistake they made on EA was releasing it to the public with no chat.

Laziness likes this.
  16. Animal-_-

Animal-_- TRS Staff

I never said you were pro H-Hour or SOF. You sure are dancing around the main points of my posts this morning.

17. Animal-_-

Animal-_- TRS Staff

I've still got it set up, I'll jump on if I've got time tonight

18. Laziness

Laziness Free Pizza

Yea man so true playing with no mic isn't as fun. The camaraderie is missing.

Kind of a joke with that game not having VOIP.
    Cool man hopefully we get some decent numbers.

19. aremsoc26

aremsoc26 Strafe Artist

Not u specifically but other members have.

And you are also ignoring my points from earlier. I guess we're both rising above eachother's points. #rising

20. Animal-_-

Animal-_- TRS Staff

Whatever dude, I'm not going to play your game and address points you made specifically to side step the actual isssue I was discussing. This is why myself and others think you're just trolling, we're not new to this and the only reason I've engaged you this much is because it's slow at work this morning and I've got time to kill. Good day sir.